Overview: St Joseph’s Padre Pio Ministry is a community outreach ministry dedicated to helping the needy in the Autauga County area.
Coordinators: Casey and Lisa Baker, Phone: 850-281-6945.
Mission Statement: “That is the goal of the Work: To care for the bodies - to arrive at the souls… Giving the benefit of your charity to all without distinction.” ~Padre Pio
1. Dinner Boxes: a monthly food distribution to help families with young children in providing meals for their family. These families have been referred to us by local school systems and identified as needy, families from the parish and Mary's Haven.
2. Homeless Bags: small bags of toiletry items, socks, snacks, etc assembled and available to anyone in the parish to take and give to homeless persons.
3. Autauga County Jail: Collecting Christian reading materials for inmates.
4. GreenSprings Assisted Living: Collecting puzzels and fidget toys for the residents.
5. Disaster Relief - Procedure in place to collect food, clothing, toiletries, and money to help affected community members in wake of disasters.
4. Prayer Group - members of Padre Pio Ministry who are engaged in continual prayer for those in need.
Jesus’ instruction to be “fishers of men” has not changed. It is still every Christian’s duty, and we should be about “our Father’s business”. It is vital to bridge the gap between our church and the community here in Prattville by ministering to those in need outside of the church. As more people come to our church for help, hopefully, they will be compelled to strengthen their relationship with God, as well as teach their children about God’s love for all of us.